River of Lights
Botanic Garden – ABQ BioPark
November 24, 2018 – December 30, 2018 6-9:30pm each night
Recurring daily Adults $12, Children $6
2601 Central Ave. N.W., Albuquerque, NM 87104 505-768-2000
Enjoy the magic of millions of twinkling lights and more than 500 dazzling holiday displays at New Mexico’s largest walk-through light show! River of Lights was named one of “The 15 Most Spectacular Holiday Light Displays in the U.S.” in 2016. Come see why! Learn more about how this amazing light show comes to life each year.
Holiday Nature Crafts
BioPark Education offers free Holiday Nature Crafts in the Education building on Wednesdays, Dec. 5, 12 and 19 from 6 – 8 p.m.
G-Scale Model Railroad
Special holiday trains chug through the Garden Railroad exhibit until 8:30 p.m., Wednesdays through Sundays, weather and volunteer staff permitting.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express is a magical, nighttime experience aboard the Rio Line Train on a journey to meet Santa & experience the glow of River of Lights! Tickets go on sale November 1!
In 1997, River of Lights began as a fundraiser for the BioPark. Today, proceeds continue to support a variety of ABQ BioPark projects through the New Mexico BioPark Society.
Each year’s show unveils ingenious new sculptures and stunning displays made by BioPark artists and craftsmen.
Free Park & Ride Service
Beat the traffic and use our free Park & Ride service at the ABQ BioPark Zoo!
Service available on these select nights only:
- November 24, 25, 30
- December 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 12-30 (closed Dec. 24, 25)
Learn more by clicking here.
Park & Walk
Bypass event traffic and head to Tingley Beach to park and walk to the garden gates on select nights. Tingley Beach parking lot available on these select nights from 6 – 10 p.m.: Nov. 24, 25, 30 | Dec. 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 12-30 (closed Dec. 24, 25)
Free ABQ Ride Bus Service provided by City of Albuquerque
Utilize free bus service nightly starting at 5 p.m. from the Uptown Transit Center, Central and Unser Transit Center, and the Alvarado Transit Center. From these locations, the Route 66 and Route 766 buses will take guests to and from the BioPark bus station at New York and Central.
Free parking starts at 6:30 p.m. at the OneCentral parking garage across the street from the Alvarado Transit Center.
Follow these helpful tips for the best River of Lights experience…
- Take advantage of the various parking options to eliminate traffic stress!
- Come out to River of Lights early in December. Mondays through Thursdays are always less crowded, especially the first two weeks of the event.
- Arrive at River of Lights a little later in the evening. It’s always busy when doors open, but if you wait until 8 p.m., you’ll miss the holiday rush!
- Carpool or ride share with friends and family. This can eliminate those pesky parking woes.
- Handicap parking is available at the ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden parking lot. Space is limited.
- All guests, please park legally. Parking is not allowed outside of designated parking spaces, including on Tingley Drive.
The New Mexico BioPark Society would like to thank all its sponsors: City of Albuquerque, Bank of Albuquerque, KOB 4, 100.3 The Peak, 94 Rock, and ACE.